Email to a friend
10 Most Common Toxins In The Human Body
by Sid McCarthy
If you do choose an herbal preparation, be sure to select an herbal fiber cleanse kit that utilizes psyllim fiber husks. Psyllim fiber has the ability to expand within the colon, absorbing waste and toxins as it gently passes from the body.
Over a lifetime (or in the case of an ecological disaster, an alarmingly short time), the human body assimilates a number of toxins. Some of these are in such trace amounts that we really needn't worry about them, but it is still wise to avoid as many toxins in the diet and the environment as possible. Here are ten
of the most common toxins found in human blood and cells:
These are the toxic waste products of the process of oxidation within our bodies. Oxidation (like rust on iron) is what causes the deterioration of cells, like a bruised apple when it goes brown and mushy. This goes on at a cellular level within the
human body and accelerates the aging process.
The effects of free radicals can be reduced by the consumption of anti-oxidant- rich red, orange and yellow fruits and vegetables, along with eating less.
The commonest sources of Mercury are amalgam fillings and the eating of large marine fish such as tuna. Mercury is implicated in Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, heart failure, irregular heartbeat and even some cancers. There is debate as to whether it is worthwhile to have amalgam fillings removed and replaced. Similarly, the health benefits of eating oily marine fish should be weighed carefully against the risks of mercury consumption.
Refined sugar is known as "the white death". We all know it's bad for us, that it contains calories without nutrients. Too much of it can cause insulin resistance, diabetes. The answer is simple; eat less white sugar.
Many people enjoy caffeinated drinks and find that they give them a much-needed "high" in times of fatigue. Don't forget that caffeine is quite a powerful drug and taking yourself off it can cause quite severe withdrawal symptoms. Some people are
"allergic" to caffeine and it can cause irrational mood swings and exacerbation of PMS, even heartbeat irregularities. Best to wean yourself off it.
Perhaps it is wrong to consider this a toxin in itself, but its presence in the blood is an indicator of inflammation in the body. A high reading of C-Reactive Protein in the blood can indicate a propensity to heart attack. It is elevated by infections, inflammatory conditions, insulin resistance, and certain hormones such as those in the contraceptive pill or HRT.
A buildup of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or "bad" cholesterol in the blood is implicated in heart disease via hardening of the arteries. Avoid high cholesterol by eating less saturated fats, exercising regularly, eating supplements rich in plant sterols.
About The Author: Sid McCarthy is a freelance writer
This is produced by the body at times of worry and stress, therefore it is commonly called the stress hormone. Eliminate cortisol by exercising, laughing, relaxing, enjoying a hobby and not allowing your own personal stresses to fester and
thrive within you!
We encounter these in our own gardens (unless we garden totally organically) and on most bought fruits and vegetables. At least trace amounts are probably found in most people's bodies. Either buy organic or make sure you thoroughly wash any fruit
and veg you buy.
These are unwanted byproducts of heating processes and can increase cancer risks. They are suspected as contributory factors in diabetes, low sperm counts and behavioral problems. They are everywhere so it is hard to avoid them on an individual level. Buying organic produce and avoiding saturated animal fats (which tend to harbor dioxins) may help.
Homocysteine is an amino acid. It can contribute to the risks of heart disease, Alzheimer's, furring of the arteries, toxicity in pregnancy, or even birth defects.
Its build-up can be caused by kidney disease, genetics or vitamin deficiencies. Supplementation of Vitamins B12, B6 and Folic Acid may be wise. These vitamins enable the conversion of homocysteine into less dangerous amino-acids in the body.
We are all exposed to toxins in the environment and our food over our lifetimes. Some are easy to avoid, others less so. Clean living and regular detox programs are probably the best we can do to avoid overexposure to toxins.
specializing in health and wellness articles for various
websites including http://www.goodnutr itioncenter. com . Read
about a complete Colon Cleansing system that helps eliminate
toxic matter from the colon at
http://www.goodnutr itioncenter. com/colon- cleanse.html
14940 times read
| Related news
- The Cold and Flu Season Is Here!
by BrendaH posted on Dec 03,2005
- A Quit Smoking Hypnosis Exercise
by TerjeE posted on Nov 28,2005
- What You Should Know About Formaldehyde
by BrendaH posted on Nov 18,2005
- How Toxic Is Your Bathroom?
by BrendaH posted on Nov 05,2005
- Living In Your Home May Be Dangerous To Your Health
by BrendaH posted on Oct 23,2005
- Beware of Thimerosal
by BrendaH posted on Oct 11,2005
- How Much Importance Do You Place on Your Skin and Toxins
by AlfredJ posted on Oct 09,2005
- Detoxify Your Body In 30 Minutes With A Bath
by DanielleS posted on Sep 27,2005
- The Two Faces of Chlorine
by EarlC posted on Sep 16,2005
- Common Household Products That Can Poison Your Children
by BrendaH posted on Sep 15,2005
- Why And How Detoxification Helps For Overall Health
by Sandra posted on Aug 25,2005
- Ten Quick Tips to Save the Planet and Your Health
by Cynthia posted on Aug 18,2005
- Cleanse Your Body With A Magic Elixir: Food!
by Anthony posted on Aug 15,2005
- Formaldehyde In Your Home
by BrendaH posted on Jul 27,2005
- Your Home is a Toxic Waste Dump!
by BrendaH posted on Jul 18,2005
- Detoxification Procedures
by Dr_Wilson posted on May 27,2005
- Coffee Enemas For Cleansing
by Dr_Wilson posted on Jan 03,2005
- Sauna Therapy
by Dr_Wilson posted on Nov 08,2004
- Natural Remedies For Cleansing The Body
by LifeDynamix posted on May 08,2004
- Prevent Cancer Through a Detox Diet
by Sandra posted on Jan 29,2006
- Juice Fasting
by Sharon Hopkins posted on Feb 07,2006
- Are Water Filters Really That Important?
by Ron Loeffler posted on Mar 04,2006
- Articles On How To Stop Smoking
by Life Dynamix posted on Mar 11,2006
- Detox Diets - The 24 Hour Detox Revitalization Diet
by Sacha Tarkovsky posted on Mar 23,2006
- Detox Diet Ideas
by Barney Garcia posted on Jun 12,2006
- Detox or Detoxification - You Will Benefit
by Tyson J Stevenson posted on Jul 04,2006
- How To Exercise Without Moving A Muscle?
by Oswald H.Seifert posted on Jul 08,2006
- Detox To Clear Body Waste!
by Tiara James posted on Jul 09,2006
- Caffeine Addiction And Chronic Fatigue Recovery
by Amy Thomas posted on Jul 11,2006
- The 15 Minute Sauna Therapy!
by Daniel J.Fox posted on Jul 24,2006
- How to Cope with Stress and Increase your Natural Energy
by Jack Prime posted on Aug 07,2006
- Introduction To Body Detox
by Lucy Bartlett posted on Aug 11,2006
- Detoxification For Health And Wellness
by Danielle Sims posted on Aug 12,2006
- Colon Cleanse: Methods You Can Try At Home
by Barney Garcia posted on Aug 13,2006
- Understanding The Health Risks Of Exposure To
by Heather Colman posted on Sep 07,2006
- Smoking Is Harmful To Your Health--Some Important Tips
by J.R. Ferrara posted on Sep 13,2006
- Chemicals - Is There A Direct Link To Cancer And Other Illnesses?
by Lisa Mills posted on Nov 08,2006
- Learn Why Your Body Is At Risk
by Ralph Morton posted on Nov 20,2006
- Chemical-Free Sleep: Staying On Top Of Mattress Comfort
by Benjamin Hermsen posted on Jan 06,2007
- Colon Cleansers Basics
by Jeff Foster posted on Feb 24,2007
- Recovery in the 21st Century - Get the Facts FIRST: Your Life Might Depend On It
by Melanie Solomon posted on Mar 14,2007
- Disease & Illness, We Have Contaminated The Supplier
by Health Warrior posted on Mar 22,2007
- Detoxification for Better Health
by Brenda Watson, N.D. posted on Apr 20,2007
- Detox - 10 Top Tips for Avoiding Gender Benders for Better Hormonal Health
by Sandy Halliday posted on Apr 25,2007
- The Importance Of Reducing Environmental Toxicity To Promote Health And Healing
by Rolf Rasmusson posted on May 12,2007
- The Hazards Of Indoor Air Pollution: You Can Do Something About It And Enjoy Better Health
by Julian Pereira posted on May 17,2007
- Is Bottled Water Really Necessary?
by Tom Nuckels posted on Jun 12,2007
- Home Toxicity - Brushing Your Teeth To Your Death, Literally
by Rodney Ronquillo posted on Jun 24,2007
- Colon Cleanse Fast And Say Hello To A Healthy Colon
by Maggie Simmons posted on Jul 11,2007
Did you find this article helpful?
(total 187 votes)